This is one of the SEDA-PDF named awards available through SEDA’s Professional Development Framework. It is of particular relevance to a range of staff who support student learning on higher education awards.
- To support individuals in their professional activities and development aspirations
- To recognise individual professional achievements
- To advance professional practice
- To enhance the experience of students participating in higher education
- To encourage the development of learning communities with shared values.
This award is for those who hold posts which involve some duties and responsibilities for supporting the development and/or delivery of learning opportunities. Potential participants might, for example, include a wide range of staff who support learning using information technology; in the laboratory; with flexible learning systems; in the studio or clinic; research staff with specialist teaching responsibilities; library, careers and advisory staff or hourly paid lecturers or seminar leaders with prescribed duties.
Award recipients will have shown how their work is informed by the SEDA Values:
- Developing understanding of how people learn
- Practicing in ways that are scholarly, professional and ethical
- Working with and developing learning communities
- Valuing diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Continually reflecting on practice to develop ourselves, others and processes.
Core Development Outcomes
Award recipients will be able to:
- Identify their own professional development goals, directions or priorities
- Plan for their initial and/or continuing professional development
- Undertake appropriate development activities
- Review their development and practice, and the relations between them.
Additionally, award recipients will be able to:
- Use a variety of appropriate approaches to enable learning
- Use a variety of methods for evaluating their role in supporting learning
- Inform their professional role with relevant strategy, policy and quality considerations.
Named award co-ordinators
Ali Cooper: email@example.com
Roisín Curran: firstname.lastname@example.org