will be based around the following themes:
- The role of educational staff development in turning strategy into reality
- Influencing Strategy and Policy from good practice in learning and teaching
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement in learning and teaching through educational staff development
- Using learning and teaching strategies to effect strategic fit within higher education
- Embedding strategic thinking in curriculum design
- Models and approaches to developing staff in higher education
- Evaluating the impact of educational staff development on the student learning experience
- The role of research and scholarship in strengthening the link between strategy, policy and practice
format of the conference will comprise keynote address, parallel sessions of
workshops and paper presentations.
The aim, as ever, will be to share practice, research, evaluation and
experience in all aspects of staff and educational development in an open and
conference will be of particular interest to all those who act as agents of
educational change in HE provision and anyone who has a commitment to enhancing
the quality of Higher Education. This
- Policy makers
- Educational developers
- Staff trainers and developers
- Members of student support services
- National and institutional teaching fellow
- LTSN Centre staff
- Learning and teaching centre staff
- Educational technology unit staff
- Managers of academic departments
- Widening participation project workers
- Course leaders for HE in FE.
conference is to be held at a new venue, the Moat House Hotel, Cardiff which is
located just outside Cardiff City Centre.
All bedrooms are en-suite with delegates having full use of the pool,
gym, sauna, and spa.