13/11/2014, NCTL Learning and Conference Centre, Nottingham
12/11/2014, NCTL Learning & Conference Centre, Nottingham
14/05/2015, Marriott Victoria and Albert Hotel, Manchester
Seda Special 36, Edited by: John Lea
Staff and Educational Development AssociationSEDA is the professional association for staff and educational developers in the UK, promoting innovation and good practice in higher education. SEDA is seen by many as the shaper of thought and initiator of action in staff and educational development, not only in the UK but in the international domain also.
SEDA can offer you and your university the opportunity to be part of a national network of people engaged in staff and educational development. This allows you to keep abreast of good practice and policy initiatives, while playing a part in shaping the future and contributing to national debate. SEDA can offer you and your institution:
- resources to enhance learning and teaching and professional development
- events such writing retreats and workshops and seminars, a summer school for new educational developers
- conferences on academic development and learning and teaching in HE
- a nationally recognised Professional Development Framework and Fellowships Scheme for all those involved in teaching and supporting learning
- opportunities to join a vibrant community through a SEDA committee or working group or through contributing to SEDA research or to a publication.
Keep in touch and communicate with other SEDA members through the
SEDA JISCmail list,
@seda_uk and our
blog, currently publishing one of Graham Gibbs'
53 Power Ideas All Teachers Should Know About every week for a year.
Yaz El Hakim (SEDA Vice-Chair), Roz Grimmitt (SEDA Administrator), Stephen Bostock (SEDA Co-Chair) and Pam Parker (SEDA Co-Chair).