Home > Professional Development > SEDA-PDF > What is SEDA-PDF? > Named Awards > Enhancing Academic Practice in Disciplines
Enhancing Academic Practice in Disciplines
This is an award available through the SEDA Professional Development Framework (SEDA-PDF). It is relevant to academic staff who wish to improve their students’ experience of learning in their discipline.
- to enable academic staff to enhance their professional practice in their discipline
- to recognise individual professional achievements in the pedagogy of the discipline
- to advance professional practice in a discipline context
- to enhance the experience of students’ learning in the discipline
- to support the development of discipline-based learning communities with shared values.
This award is for established staff engaging in the professional development activities associated with their discipline.
Award recipients will have shown how their work is informed by the SEDA Values
- Developing understanding of how people learn
- Practising in ways that are scholarly, professional and ethical
- Working with and developing learning communities
- Valuing diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Continually reflecting on practice to develop ourselves, others and processes.
Further guidance on the SEDA Values.
Core Development Outcomes
Award recipients will be able to:
- identify their own professional development goals, directions or priorities,
- plan for their initial and/or continuing professional development,
- undertake appropriate development activities,
- review their development and practice, and the relations between them.
Additionally, award recipients will be able to demonstrate:
- Apply a wide range of appropriate learning, teaching and assessing approaches in the discipline,
- Contribute to enhancing the student experience of the subject discipline,
- demonstrate how their professional role is informed by relevant discipline-based centres and organisations,
- Engage with a discipline-based community to enhance professional practice.
Wording improved, February 2011
Named award co-ordinators
Ruth Pilkington: email@example.com