This is one of the SEDA-PDF named awards available through SEDA’s Professional Development Framework. It is of particular relevance to colleagues who hold posts, which involve learning, teaching and assessing together with associated course development activities.
- To support individuals in their professional activities and development aspirations
- To recognise individual professional achievements
- To advance professional practice
- To enhance the experience of students participating in higher education
- To encourage the development of learning communities with shared values.
This award is for those who hold posts, which involve teaching, learning and assessing activities together with course development, evaluation and management. Participants are most likely to be lecturers in universities or colleges of further/higher education, although some support staff may also find that they can demonstrate all of these specialist outcomes. The specialist outcomes broadly map to teaching and learning programmes in higher education institutions such as postgraduate certificates.
Award participants will have shown how their work is informed by the SEDA Values:
- Developing understanding of how people learn
- Practicing in ways that are scholarly, professional and ethical
- Working with and developing learning communities
- Valuing diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Continually reflecting on practice to develop ourselves, others and processes.
Core Development Outcomes
Award recipients will be able to:
- Identify their own professional development goals, directions or priorities
- Plan for their initial and/or continuing professional development
- Undertake appropriate development activities
- Review their development and their practice, and the relations between them.
Specialist Outcomes (revised July 2012)
Additionally, award recipients will be able to:
- Use a variety of methods for evaluating their teaching
- Inform their practice with relevant strategy, policy and quality considerations
- Use a range of methods of teaching and supporting learning, assessment and feedback, appropriate to the learners, subject and context, including use of appropriate technologies
- Contribute to the design, planning and evaluation of courses, modules or programmes
- Create a learning environment that includes student support and guidance.
Named award co-ordinators
Ali Cooper email@example.com
Kathryn McFarlane firstname.lastname@example.org