Home > Professional Development > SEDA-PDF > What is SEDA-PDF? > Named Awards > Developing Professional Practice
Developing Professional Practice
This is one of the SEDA-PDF named awards available through SEDA’s Professional Development Framework. It is of particular relevance to administrative and other support staff who wish to acquire a nationally recognised qualification in Higher Education
Award recipients will have shown how their work is informed by the SEDA Values
- An understanding of how people learn
- Scholarship, professionalism and ethical practice
- Working in and developing learning communities
- Working effectively with diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Continuing reflection on professional practice
- Developing people and processes
Further guidance on the SEDA Values.
The emphasis in the development outcomes is on the reflective process of professional development. The outcomes put the onus on the individual to take responsibility for their own development and suggests a process for this. Award recipients will be able to:
- Identify their own professional development goals, directions or priorities
- Plan for their initial and / or continuing professional development
- Undertake appropriate development activities
- Review their development and their practice, and the relations between them.
Additionally, award recipients will be able to:
- Explain how their role supports the organisation's mission and appropriate strategies, including quality considerations
- Use their specialist knowledge and skills within the higher education context
- Use interpersonal and personal organisation and management skills
- Reflect on and plan to meet their own personal and continuing professional development needs and identify appropriate follow-up activity.
Wording improved, February 2011
Named award co-ordinator
Rachael Carkett firstname.lastname@example.org