Home > Join SEDA > Why join SEDA?
Why Join SEDA?
- Receive the support of a leading professional association in the sector
- Become part of a growing and effective community
- Receive the latest information on developments and events in supporting and leading educational change
- Receive SEDA's quarterly magazine
Educational Developments, for new ideas about teaching, learning, assessment and professional development issues
- Receive SEDA's quarterly journal
Innovations in Education and Teaching International (IETI), a well established refereed journal concerned with a range of teaching and learning issues
- Receive Seda Specials and Seda Papers and read about good practice, new ideas and case studies on the latest topics in the field of educational development
- Receive the
International Journal of Academic Development
(IJAD) and keep informed of advances in theory and practice in educational development in HE internationally
- Become eligible for discounted Routledge publications
- Become eligible to apply for SEDA Research and Development Small Grants
- Your fee is recognised by the Inland Revenue as a professional expense.
In a recent survey SEDA members said:
- "Extremely supportive and helpful organisation. Should be something many more people join."
“Great organisation run by a very altruistic group of people who care passionately about Higher Education. The more you put in the more you get out. Membership means contributing actively.”
- “I have found that information and ideas contained in the various SEDA publications have been valuable in persuading colleagues to reflect on current practice and to make changes in their teaching methodologies.”
- “I enjoy being a member - receiving and making use of the publications and attending events and conferences. I look forward to having time to start work on becoming a Fellow as I see this as important to my personal and professional development.”