Home > Professional Development > SEDA-PDF > What is SEDA-PDF? > Named Awards > Leading and Developing Academic Practice
Leading and Developing Academic Practice
This is one of the SEDA-PDF named awards available through SEDA’s Professional Development Framework. It is of particular relevance to colleagues who are established academic practitioners.
To recognise and acknowledge the work of established practitioners. To provide a means of registering CPD activities.
Leading and Developing Academic Practice programmes will focus upon those who might be described as established professionals in further/higher education whose work is likely to include a wider range of academic/specialist activities and experiences within the institution and externally. The participants will be able to demonstrate continuing professional development and scholarship in their core discipline(s) as well as learning and teaching. Indeed they may potentially be contributing to enhancing aspects of learning and teaching in their core disciplines.
Award recipients will have shown how their work is informed by the SEDA Values
- An understanding of how people learn
- Scholarship, professionalism and ethical practice
- Working in and developing learning communities
- Working effectively with diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Continuing reflection on professional practice
- Developing people and processes.
Further guidance on the SEDA Values.
Core Development Outcomes
Award recipients will be able to:
- Identify their own professional development goals, directions or priorities
- Plan for their initial and / or continuing professional development
- Undertake appropriate development activities
- Review their development and their practice, and the relations between them.
Additionally, award recipients will be able to:
- Inform their professional role with relevant strategy, policy and quality considerations
- Provide support to students on academic or pastoral issues
- Extend and enhance educational experiences in core discipline(s)/faculty areas
- Undertake professional activities in the wider HE community in the institution and/orexternally
- Engage in scholarship to develop and enhance teaching, learning and assessment and/or HE research
- Appropriately disseminate enhancements and scholarly developments in learning and teaching
Additional guidance on this award.
Named award co-ordinators
Ruth Pilkington: email@example.com