15/05/2014, Copthorne Hotel Newcastle
09/04/2014, Swarthmoor Hall, Ulverston, Cumbria
13/11/2014, National College Learning and Conference Centre, Nottingham
Seda Special 35, Frances Deepwell and Charles Buckley
Staff and Educational Development AssociationSEDA is the professional association for staff and educational developers in the UK, promoting innovation and good practice in higher education. SEDA is seen by many as the shaper of thought and initiator of action in staff and educational development, not only in the UK but in the international domain also.
SEDA can offer you and your university the opportunity to be part of a national network of people engaged in staff and educational development. This allows you to keep abreast of good practice and policy initiatives, while playing a part in shaping the future and contributing to national debate. SEDA can offer you and your institution:
- resources to enhance learning and teaching and professional development
- events such writing retreats and workshops and seminars, a summer school for new educational developers
- conferences on academic development and learning and teaching in HE
- a nationally recognised Professional Development Framework and Fellowships Scheme for all those involved in teaching and supporting learning
- opportunities to join a vibrant community through a SEDA committee or working group or through contributing to SEDA research or to a publication.
Keep in touch and communicate with other SEDA members through firstname.lastname@example.org and SEDA twitter @seda_uk_
Julie Hall (SEDA Vice-Chair), Stephen Bostock (SEDA Co-Chair), Pam Parker (SEDA Co-Chair), Roz Grimmitt (SEDA Administrator) and Joelle Adams (SEDA Vice-Chair)