SEDA Spring Learning Teaching & Assessment Conference 2009
Underpinning Academic Practice with Research and Scholarship07 May 2009 - 08 May 2009
The conference will seek to address the following themes:
- Evaluating learning, teaching and assessment practice
- Promoting research in the curriculum
- Supporting the scholarship of learning and teaching
- Developing pedagogic research communities
- Getting funded and getting published
- Creative methodologies
- Linking research and teaching to enhance learning.
The SEDA Conference Experience
SEDA prides itself on creating a relaxed, welcoming and positive atmosphere at conferences, which encourages open, constructive and supportive sharing of ideas, experience and practice. Feedback from participants at recent SEDA conferences:
- "Taken away some valuable and useful information/ideas and stimulating thoughts "
- "I really enjoyed the conference and gained much from it"
- "Lots of ideas and a great positive atmosphere"
The conference will be of particular interest to all those involved in promoting effective change in HE and FE learning, teaching and educational development. This includes:
- Educational and staff developers
- Higher Education Academy staff
- Lecturers and teachers in further and higher education
- National and institutional teaching fellows
- Centre for Excellence staff
- Managers of academic departments
- Educational technologists
- Policy makers
This year’s conference will take place in Brighton at the Thistle Hotel. It is a stone’s-throw from the beach and a short stroll from the pier. Just round the corner are the Lanes, a labyrinth of narrow streets crammed with boutiques, antique shops, bars and restaurants. The Royal Pavilion is less than five minutes walk away. Residential delegates will be accommodated on site in en-suite rooms.