Home > Professional Development > Fellowships Scheme > Fellowship
Who is it for? Fellowship of SEDA (FSEDA) is suitable for those involved in mainstream academic development who lead and
contribute to significant change initiatives. This might include faculty or
department bases, learning and teaching development roles or people in other
professional development roles in tertiary and higher
education. It can include people in similar roles in other organisations where the education and training of adults takes place.
How do you achieve a SEDA Fellowship? By successful completion of the Supporting and Leading Educational Change course. (Occasionally SEDA may offer an equivalent course with a focus on a specific area of work, for example Employer Engagement/Work Based Learning).
SEDA Values Recipients of the Fellowship will have shown how their work is informed by each of the SEDA values, namely commitments to:
- An understanding of how people learn
- Scholarship, professionalism and ethical
- Working in and developing learning communities
- Working effectively with diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Continuing reflection on professional practice
- Developing people and processes.
Core Development Outcomes Recipients of the Fellowship are required to demonstrate how they have, within their particular context(s):
- Identified their own professional development goals, directions and/or priorities
- Planned for their initial and/or continuing professional development
- Undertaken appropriate development activities
- Reviewed their development and their practice, and the relations between them.
Specialist Outcomes Recipients of the Fellowship are required to demonstrate how they have, within their particular context(s):
- Identified goals for academic development
processes and activities
- Planned and led academic development processes and activities towards achievement of these goals
- Facilitated and led processes and activities to
achieve the agreed goals
- Monitored and evaluated the effectiveness and the acceptability of the development processes and activities
- Identified any appropriate follow-up development process or activity.
How much does it cost?
One-off fee for the Supporting and Leading Educational Change course = £795
Recurrent annual cost = £45 (Fellowship fee) + £101 (Individual Membership of SEDA)
Continuing Professional Development SEDA is committed to continuing professional development.Individuals holding a Fellowship are
required to engage in a regular CPD process in order to remain ‘in good standing’.
There is a register of all
categories of Fellowship holders on the SEDA website.